A little preparation means you won't have to repeat my mistake: make sure your car is ready for emergencies with the Ready Set Go Kits handy winter weather car check-up.
- If you need a service, get one now before you find yourself stranded on a snowy mountain pass.
- Are your heater and defroster working properly?
- Is your battery fully charged? Check battery age and make certain the connecting cables are not loose or corroded.
- Test all lights, replace if needed.
- Keep wipers clean and in good condition.
- Use antifreeze that is good to -25 degrees.
- Check your tires, do they still have good traction and are they properly inflated? Check your spare tire as well.
- Carry chains or use traction tires.
- Keep an auto emergency kit in your vehicle.
- Rechargeable flashlight
- Extra food and water
- Tools: jack, lug wrench, shovel
- Blanket/sleeping bag(s)
- First aid kit
- Pocket knife
- Matches or lighter
- Battery jumper cables
- Ice scraper and snow brush
- Paper towels
- Extra washer fluid
- Chains or traction tires
- Extra warm clothes, boots, hat and gloves
- Cell phone and car adapter
- Road maps
- A full fuel tank
** Don't have these items? Get started with the Ready Set Go Kits Road Warrior Auto Kit.
Safe and happy winter travels from Ready Set Go Kits!